(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Belloc, Distributism and the Liberals

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan, but am glad every time I find someone saying something positive about distributism who is not either a tweedy Trid or a baggy-cord-dress-wearing homeschooler. (no, nothing against homeschoolers either, some of my best friends etc.)

Anyway, here is an article from the Journal of Liberal History, on Belloc and the influence of distributist ideas on Liberal policy. (Shame about the ole legalising of abortion, really.)

In fact this bloke has quite a lot of interesting articles. I might even link to him eventually. Oh my, here's one to do with my pettest of hobby horses: usury/lending at interest. Well, this page is going to distract me from the Highway Code more than is safe for my driving test . . .