(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Irony is aimed at an "in" group

I in fact reposted the rant below from one I put in a translators' discussion group thing. This morning I found two posts there expressing their "suprise -to put it mildly" at my views. A hasty reply has just been posted to clarify that that the piss was being taken. Several lessons to be taken from this. One is in the title of the post. Funny that they didn't suspect that I was taking the mickey. I mean, I would usually ask before I decided that someone really did hold the lunatic views they appeared to be expressing. Looks as though my rant, if taken as being "straight", does not in fact express opinions unacceptably far from the mainstream.