(function() { (function(){function b(g){this.t={};this.tick=function(h,m,f){var n=void 0!=f?f:(new Date).getTime();this.t[h]=[n,m];if(void 0==f)try{window.console.timeStamp("CSI/"+h)}catch(q){}};this.getStartTickTime=function(){return this.t.start[0]};this.tick("start",null,g)}var a;if(window.performance)var e=(a=window.performance.timing)&&a.responseStart;var p=0=c&&(window.jstiming.srt=e-c)}if(a){var d=window.jstiming.load; 0=c&&(d.tick("_wtsrt",void 0,c),d.tick("wtsrt_","_wtsrt",e),d.tick("tbsd_","wtsrt_"))}try{a=null,window.chrome&&window.chrome.csi&&(a=Math.floor(window.chrome.csi().pageT),d&&0=b&&window.jstiming.load.tick("aft")};var k=!1;function l(){k||(k=!0,window.jstiming.load.tick("firstScrollTime"))}window.addEventListener?window.addEventListener("scroll",l,!1):window.attachEvent("onscroll",l); })();

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Confiteor

Well, we've been tagged twice for this meme, so I suppose one of us should do something about it. 'Cos obviously I'd never make a fool of myself on the blog without a particular opportunity to do so...

Confiteor - that I become ridiculously self-pitying when remotely ill. Like now. Pass the Lemsip.
- that I resolved to say Lauds every day in Advent, then slept in most days last week. (But my cold was at its peak. See above...)
- that I've been reading one of those Bible-in-a year volumes (Scripture handily divided up so you get through it all in 365 chunks), which Aelianus kindly lent me; but I'm 5 weeks behind on the New Testament section and nearly a month behind in the OT section. Though I'm ten days ahead in the Deuterocanonicals section. The Books of the Maccabees are page-turners.
- that I still think of the 'Deuterocanonical' books under the name 'Apocrypha', even though the whole canon formation thing was one of the points which made me twig about the Church.
- that I'm moved largely by selfishness and cowardice in dealings with my anti-Catholic (well, to be fair, uncomfortable-with-my-Catholicism) family.
- that, come to think of it, I'm moved largely by selfishness and cowardice, full stop. Oh dear. That's not very amusing, sorry.
- that I play up Scottish patriotism when in England, and British patriotism when in Scotland.

(...that's quite enough for the moment...)

Et precor Beatam Mariam semper Virginem, Beatum Michaelem Archangelum, Beatum Johannem Baptistam, Sanctos Apostolos Petrum et Paulum, et omnes Sanctos, - et vos, lectores dilectos - orare pro me ad Dominum Deum nostrum.
Oh yes - tagging people - well, the other laodiceans, should they feel inclined. Anyone else? Blogimus? ukok (though you're very busy)? Has Zadok done this yet? Humiliating oneself in public is a very fast-season activity, don't you think?